This is a circuit location only. Documents cannot be filed at this location.

All matters to be heard in Southport should be filed on the Commonwealth Courts Portal or at the Brisbane Registry. For more information on filing in the Commonwealth Courts Portal and other step-by-step guides, see the How do I section.

To view the circuit court list see:

Street Address

Corner Davenport and Hinze Streets, Southport

Postal Address

GPO Box 9991, Brisbane 4001


See relevant email addresses provided on the Brisbane registry page


1300 352 000 or Live Chat

Phone Hours

8:30am - 5:00pm

It is important to obtain some independent legal advice in relation to your situation. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities. They can also explain how the law applies to your case. A lawyer may also be able to help you reach an agreement without going to court. The court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so could seriously compromise the court's ability to impartially determine a case if a person then applies to the court seeking orders.
The Family Relationship Advice Line (FRAL) can help you with free legal advice and information about services available to assist anybody with family relationship issues - call 1800 050 321 (+61 7 3423 6878 if you are overseas). You should advise FRAL that you are seeking legal advice and they will take your details and a lawyer will call you back. FRAL will advise you of a timeframe on the call back, you should advise if it is urgent.
Alternatively, the Australian government funds a range of legal assistance services that may be able to assist you, including Legal Aid Commissions and individual Community Legal Centres, which offer free and low cost advice. Information to assist with finding legal services is available from the Attorney-General's Department website.