Street Address

Owen Dixon Commonwealth Law Courts Building, (cnr Latrobe street) 305 William Street , Melbourne

Opening Hours

08:45am - 16:30pm

Postal Address

GPO Box 9991, Melbourne Vic 3001


See relevant addresses provided below


1300 352 000

Phone Hours

8:30am - 5:00pm


(03) 8600 4050

Urgent After Hours

1300 352 000 (This after hours service is limited to the family law jurisdiction in circumstances where:

There is a real risk of a child being removed from Australia before the next working day; or

A lawyer contacts the service where there is a risk of removal or dissipation of assets before the next working day.

Enquiries relating to: bankruptcymigrationhuman rightsindustrial law and other matters.

Street Address

Owen Dixon Commonwealth Law Courts Building
305 William St 


Email for General Federal Law matters. For Family Law see below.


(03) 8600 3333

Phone Hours

8:30am - 5pm



Opening Hours

9.00am - 4.30pm

Urgent After Hours

For urgent after hours applications contact the Duty Registrar on (03) 8600 3346.

The Federal Circuit Court of Australia shares facilities with the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia.

Directly above Flagstaff Railway Station.

Paid public parking behind accessed via Little Lonsdale Street

General enquiries

Information about filing and family law procedures

Procedural information about your case

Family law forms and publications


Commonwealth Courts Portal Support

For information go to the Commonwealth Courts Portal brochure.

For information go to the Commonwealth Courts Portal brochure.


Proof of divorce

I need to prove we are divorced – how do I do that?


Registry enquiries

Lost property

Request for a lawyer code

Request availability of a file for file viewing or subpoena viewing (you should check that leave has been granted through the Commonwealth Courts Portal prior to sending a request to inspect a subpoena)

Divorce hearing – requests to attend by telephone and adjournment.


Child Dispute Services

Confirm appointments

Request for information in relation to appointments

Request to cross-examine a family consultant or regulation 7 provider


Federal Circuit Court of Australia

To contact Federal Circuit Court of Australia chambers please refer to Communicating with Judges' Chambers and contact details.


Divorce hearings

Requests to attend by telephone

Requests for adjournments


Family Court of Australia Case Coordinators

Family Court of Australia case file information – parties/lawyers

Lawyers providing conciliation conference documents – Family Court of Australia

Follow up enquiries for consent orders and urgent applications


No public telephones available.

Photocopiers available on level 1 and 2  – 20c per copy.

Justice of the Peace – all documents should be signed, witnessed and photocopied before attending the registry.

Bathrooms, including disabled facilities, located on the ground floor and levels 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9.

Parents’ room with changing facilities for babies located on levels 4, 6 and 8

Wheelchair access available via the main entrance on William Street.

Lift access available to all public floors.

Hearing loops available by contacting the registry in advance – email and postal address information above.

Childcare only available for court ordered mediation on level 5. Confirmation of childcare should be made by email or post to the registry.

For copies of transcripts contact Auscript.

Legal Aid Victoria provides assistance to unrepresented litigants through services such as information sessions, referrals (including direct referrals to family dispute resolution and private practitioners), assistance with applying for legal aid, preparing documents including urgent applications, duty appearances and assisting in court.

For more information see Victoria Legal Aid or contact Legal Aid on 1300 792 387.


Monday to Friday 9 am – 1pm

Location: Level 2, near Courtroom 2C

Offers information, support and referral services.

For more information on services available see Court Network or contact Court Network on 1800 681 614.


Please contact Court Network on 1800 681 614 for bookings.

Location: Level 2, next to the Victoria Legal Aid duty solicitor office



The counter is currently closed. Opening hours are between 08:45 Hrs and 16:30 Hrs.

Clients waiting

Approx Wait Time

It is important to obtain some independent legal advice in relation to your situation. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities. They can also explain how the law applies to your case. A lawyer may also be able to help you reach an agreement without going to court. The court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so could seriously compromise the court's ability to impartially determine a case if a person then applies to the court seeking orders.
The Family Relationship Advice Line (FRAL) can help you with free legal advice and information about services available to assist anybody with family relationship issues - call 1800 050 321 (+61 7 3423 6878 if you are overseas). You should advise FRAL that you are seeking legal advice and they will take your details and a lawyer will call you back. FRAL will advise you of a timeframe on the call back, you should advise if it is urgent.
Alternatively, the Australian government funds a range of legal assistance services that may be able to assist you, including Legal Aid Commissions and individual Community Legal Centres, which offer free and low cost advice. Information to assist with finding legal services is available from the Attorney-General's Department website.