The Court has jurisdiction with respect to claims under the following provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (formerly the Trade Practices Act 1974):
- Section 46 (Misuse of Market Power)
- Part IVB (Industry Codes)
- Part IVD (Consumer Data Right)
- Part XI (Application of the Australian Consumer Law as a law of the Commonwealth), and
- Schedule 2 (Australian Consumer Law).
The Court can provide injunctive relief and award damages up to $750,000.
Consumer credit matters under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 with provision for access to small claims procedures in relation to certain compensation matters.